Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 12, 2017 P-Day #72

Hello fall!

It's getting quite chilly up here in Atlantic Canada! Good thing I got the light of Christ to keep me warm (getting cheesy is just a part of mission life..I accept it) 
This week was pure insanity! I think I was with Sister S. like 1 full day all week!! 

I had a leadership conference for two days this week...SO FUN! It was basically all the leaders in the mission getting together, being uplifted, singing campfire songs, and roasting marshmallows (: #blessed I learned so so much!! One of my favorite trainings was about being yourself and owning it! Be you, God doesn't want you to be anyone else...because if he did he would have made you them..but no! You are you, so be it (: 

Highlight of the week, I exchanged with the Halifax sisters on Sunday so I got to go to my old ward! It was a blast!!! I got to see all my old friends! Which was soooo fun!! They were all sooo confused why I was back haha! I got to be with Laur and Belle!!! Woooo! On a mission you just make friends that will last a life time!!! 
Like my dearest Sister Bair!! Who I got to exchange with yesterday (Monday). LOVE her!! We just have a party and a half together!! I am so so sad she leaves in 2 weeks ðŸ˜¢ BUT that's all good because we are both going to be at BYUI....oh yeah...I GOT IN💙💙!!!! 
Life is great!! SO many miracles here and at home! Missions are amazing! 


-Sister McKell Hird
            ^^^^^
We had training on our names at leadership conf. it was given by an Elder who just headed home! Something I love that he said was, "I want you all to think of your first names....now don't shudder because its not bad haha" (seriously it's the weirdest thing ever...as a missionary somehow your first name gets all weird and feels wrong) The lesson behind this and our names was that on a mission I've become better and  become, "Sister Hird" and somehow Sister Hird is not McKell.  Mckell has become who I was and Sister Hird is the new me....but the problem with this?? Well, in 2 months I am going to be McKell again...which means I am the old me....which is not good because new me is much cooler (; Sooo I am going to work on being McKell again so that it becomes who I am, not who I was



No comments:

Post a Comment