Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 5, 2017 P-Day #71

Awesome week!!! 
I got some answers to some decisions I have to make for when I am home because its like a transfer and a half away 😶😬😅
I had a cool experience with it this week I thought I would share you with you friends(: 
I originally had decided on attending UVU in Provo but felt I just wasn’t receiving the answers I was asking for in prayer regarding school. I was asking and asking about my career choice (with UVU already picked) and was just receiving no answers.  Then I got an email from a sister I served with who is home now. In the email she was talking about BYUI and how she loves it there then, the spirit spoke so strongly to me that I needed to consider attending there. I started to pray about about it. I changed from asking  what, to where.  That’s when the answers started to come.  I felt that Heavenly Father was telling me I need to be in Idaho, but I wasn’t exactly thrilled about it! I want to be in Utah...my place with my people!!  But still I was getting BYU-I as my answer. Then while I was at a corn boil in Kentville (on exchanges) a non-member was asking me about my plans after my mission and specifically about school.  I told him I was undecided still and then internally was contemplating my options when I looked up and saw some random guy wearing  a BYU-Idaho sweatshirt....oh God, you get me...this blonde needs these kind of answers....so clear I cannot be confused! Haha sooo surprise! I am really excited about it now!!

It was a good reminder that sometimes we don't get answers because we are not listening...to anything but what we want to hear! I am sure Nephi wasn't thrilled to head back to Jerusalem to get the plates, but he went and did because it was God's will (1 Nephi 3:7) God has so much more for us than we can even imagine! We just have to make our plans, His plans so we can accomplish it all!
We had a crazy week with exchanges and all that fun!

Tender mercy of the week...I was telling sister S how much I miss my fav broccoli salad from home... then the next day at zone conference WE HAD it! But, the miracle did not stop there...we went straight to a dinner appointment with a member right after...where WE HAD IT AGAIN (but even better, homemade)!!! Then, the next day at the corn boil (the revelatory one) THEY HAD IT AGAIN! I haven't had it in 16 months then I have it 3 times in 2 days...ask and ye shall receive friends 😂

Peace and blessin's, peace and blessin's
Lots of love!

-Sister Hird 🐧

Xoxo
Homecoming Date!!!


Favorite Broccoli Salad - Utah Style

No comments:

Post a Comment