Wednesday, November 8, 2017

October 24, 2017 P-Day #78

If I had to describe this week in one word it would be nutso!

We were in Bridge water for District meeting Wednesday morning then we had to drive to Amherst that night for a mission leadership meeting the next morning in Moncton! 

The meeting went really well! I love getting to see missionaries from all over!! AND I got to see my 1st baby, Sister Goodsell!! I am so so glad! I was worried I wouldn't get to see her again before I headed home, but God provided!! She was also reunited with the missionary she trained, Sister Cartwright (my granddaughter) so we took a family photo (: Sadly the sister Sister C. trained wasn't there! I am a great grandma...OLD OLD OLD! 

I gave an hour long training on how the mission will now work with members. President decided that he wants us to work with members more and he also decided that I was the one who decided how...no pressure (: But I think it went well, and now its over....except I have to train the District leaders on it now woo woo (: So that was all day Thursday. 

Then we spent Friday running around getting supplies for a tailgate...yes president approved us doing a tailgate for the Acadia football game in Kentville with the elders! We got all the fixings for 200 hot dogs and then all day Saturday we gave them away free with mormon.org cards, pamphlets and Book of Mormons! It was a blast! President even let us go and watch the game after!! #blessed
Around all these events we also met with Heidi, Glenna and Aiden, Sarah and Marilyn and Peter!! 

Sarah is SO cool! She knows everything about everything! Her questions are so deep! I am pretty sure she lives on Mormon.org!! She is reading the Tattooed Mormon Book (thanks for sending that mama) and LOVING it! Her big hold up is the commitment of baptism! But I know she'll get there! God gives her SO MANY signs!! Every time she tells us about them I hum the twilight zone theme song to her, I think she's getting it haha

ALSO! This past Friday I hit my 18 month mark..whaaaa! Its so crazy! I thought my whole mission went fast...but nothing could be faster than this transfer! I have 2 p-days after this....😯 

Being a sister missionary is my favorite and I am so glad I have 2 more weeks to be one!! Then I get to come and squeeze all of you! 

-Sista McKell Hird

           xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment