Sunday, October 8, 2017

October 3, 2017 P-Day #75

Oh what a weeeek! 
Its official! I am in my last transfer!! I am sooo old...and EVERYONE feels it’s their duty to remind me all the time haha! Speakin of...that reminds me of a funny story of the week. I was in a zone leadership skype and I am the only sister in it because I'm the only Stl in the zone so it's me and 8 elders. At the beginning I was giving this elder a referral of someone we met, but lived in Halifax, then this other elder goes,"ohhh Sister Hird, I have a referral for you!!" So I was like sweeeet and pulled out my planner to start writing it down. He tells me this guys name and address...in utah and then tells me all the things he enjoys doing and I was just sitting there SO confused and all the other Elders are just laughing so hard and one of them clues me in that I was receiving a marriage referral.... 😐 Life in the last transfer is interesting to say the least haha 
This week was amazing! 
We let with Louise for the 2nd and last time :( She is now home! But I am so confident that she will meet with missionaries in Ontario!! We taught her the plan of salvation and it was just as spiritual as the first lesson if not more! She cared for her husband with a terminal illness until he passed away a few years ago and as we taught the plan of salvation she was just crying and told us,          "when my husband was dying he told me this! He didn't have religious background! He told me about the paradise, the prison, the three kingdoms and I didn't know where it came from and the religious leaders from other faiths told him he was crazy! But, THIS, THIS is what he was talking about! It makes so much sense now!!!"
It was amazing!!! We testified to her that she could be with her husband forever, she just needed to be baptized and sealed and she just nodded her head as the tears spilled out. What a blessing it was to teach and meet her! She said as we were leaving, "I KNOW there is a reason I met you two girls specifically. God has a plan and you were part of mine" 
Ahhh moments like that are what us missionaries live for!

Conference was AMAZING! I just loved it all! How blessed we are to have such devoted and loving men and women who talk to God and then pass on the info!! One of my favorite thoughts was from Joy D. Jones:

"Let me point out the need to differentiate between two critical words: worth and worthiness. They are not the same. Spiritual worthmeans to value ourselves the way Heavenly Father values us, not as the world values us. Our worth was determined before we ever came to this earth. “God’s love is infinite and it will endure forever.”3
On the other hand, worthiness is achieved through obedience. If we sin, we are less worthy, but we are never worth less! We continue to repent and strive to be like Jesus with our worth intact. As President Brigham Young taught: “The least, the most inferior spirit now upon the earth … is worth worlds.”4 No matter what, we always have worth in the eyes of our Heavenly Father."
We will ALWAYS have worth to our Father in Heaven, Always! It's not about what you did or didn't do. It’s about WHO you are and who God is. He is your Father and He loves you. 
Oh life is just dreamy here in Sackville!!  
We have so many fun things this transfer! Next Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving so my p-day will be then instead of Tuesday (: I am just so blessed! Thanksgiving here and then at home!! #winning

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!! 
-Sister Hird 


No comments:

Post a Comment