Saturday, January 21, 2017

January 18, 2017 P-Day #38 Hump Week!!! & Transfer Week...no changes

Hello hello!!!
What a goooood week!! We had sooo many lessons!! Which is pretty much the best ever!!
We had one in particular I wanted to tell you about (: It was with Laur and Belle! So as you know they are our 12 & 13 year old investigators and we bonded over the fact that we have the same favorite band (twenty one pilots) Well, we had a lesson with the girls on Friday and it just wasn’t the best. I could tell they really weren't involved or feeling it! So I knew we had to come up with something good for our FHE lesson! While doing my personal studies on Monday morning my favorite song by Twenty One Pilots starts playing in my head, and I'm humming along...then BAM!! It hits me! I knew what we needed to do for the lesson! So of course I started scribbling away crazily and singing! I realized that the song "The Judge" could literally be written about Alma chapter 36!! Which is one of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon! It’ about Alma the younger who's dad is a prophet and so him and his buddies, the sons of Mosiah, start going around causing trouble! They are out trying to get everyone to get as far away from the Christ as they can! Until an Angel of the Lord appears to them and tells them to stop and Alma the younger has an amazing experience with repentance and coming to Jesus Christ!
 6 For I went about with the sons of Mosiah, seeking to destroy the church of God; but behold, God sent his holy angel to stop us by the way.
7 And behold, he spake unto us, as it were the voice of thunder, and the whole earth did tremble beneath our feet; and we all fell to the earth, for the fear of the Lord came upon us.
 8 But behold, the voice said unto me: Arise. And I arose and stood up, and beheld the angel.
 9 And he said unto me: If thou wilt of thyself be destroyed, seek no more to destroy the church of God.
 10 And it came to pass that I fell to the earth; and it was for the space of three days and three nights that I could not open my mouth, neither had I the use of my limbs.
 11 And the angel spake more things unto me, which were heard by my brethren, but I did not hear them; for when I heard the words—If thou wilt be destroyed of thyself, seek no more to destroy the church of God—I was struck with such great fear and amazement lest perhaps I should be destroyed, that I fell to the earth and I did hear no more.
12 But I was racked with eternal torment, for my soul was harrowed up to the greatest degree and racked with all my sins.
Which goes along with the first verse of the song
 "when the leader of the bad guy sang something soft and soaked in pain I heard the echo from his secret hide away. He must of forgot to close his door as he cranked out those dismal chords and his four walls declared him insane"
15 Oh, thought I, that I could be banished and become extinct both soul and body, that I might not be brought to stand in the presence of my God, to be judged of my deeds.
 16 And now, for three days and for three nights was I racked, even with the pains of a damned soul.
 17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world
"You're the judge oh no, set me freeeeee. You're the judge oh no, set me freeeee.  I know my souls freezing hells hot for good reason. So pleeeeease, take me."
 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.
 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
I don't know if this song is a surrender or a revel. I don't know if this ones about me or the devil. Ohhhh no!
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.
Nah nah nah nah yeahhh yeahhhh nah nah nah nah yeaaaah yeah
So as we turn to the judge (Jesus Christ) he will set us free (repentance) and we can feel the nah nah yeah (joy)
We also had a baptism in the area! The elders taught her! Her name is Hannah and her and I are pretty much Bffs! She is so freaking cool!! She is 20, she had heard about the church years ago but never really looked into it! Then on a whim she decided to go to Utah, all by herself for a trip! While there she bought the "More than the Tattooed Mormon" book and read it on the plane!!! So by the time she was back home she had the whole book read and submitted her name to meet with missionaries! The elders are the ones who received the referral so they taught her(: But ever since her and I met at church it was instant love! She is seriously so amazing!! We also got to teach her before her baptism! For some weird reason the elders wanted us to teach the law of chastity to her...weird! Haha ahhh being a missionary is too good!
Love you all!!!

-Sister Hird     xoxo
We went to the Atlantic Canadian Museum today! So fun!


This is the Barbie that everyone has been telling me I look exactly like haha so I'm apple white now I guess



No comments:

Post a Comment