Tuesday, August 29, 2017

August 22, 2017 P-Day #69

Hey fam! 

I hope your week has been a dream...because mine sure has 😇
This week we got to go to the temple as a mission AND Sister S and I get to go again tomorrow!!! FOR THE SEALING!!! My life is complete!! I could die of joy!! 

This week we taught and found and it was fun! 

The only thing really out of the norm this week is that they are doing a special counsel thing this transfer where the stl's meet with two elders (the mission trainers) and we go over stl things and  role play and stuff...hahah it was too funny! So I got to practice telling "sister" Ipson and "sister" Larson (the elders pretending to be sisters for the role play) that they needed to improve their contacting skills and not talk about how a cute and elder was or something HAHA talk about hysterical! Their critique for me was that I need to smile less when giving correction...I told them I think that will be easier when the sister I am correcting, is in fact a SISTER hahahah funny funny dayyy 

Also this week as pictured below ( I know quality face right there) I was eating some toffee like 3 min before a lesson that a lady gave us when...snap snap snap my permanent retainer fell out...half way! So I got to teach our investigator Glena and her 10 year old Recent convert grandson with a metal chain hanging out of my mouth....that went in and out as I breathed....party! But thankfully I found an awesome ortho who fixed it for free! Bless the kindness of the Canadians

We also got to see the eclipse up here! Talk about...cool..kind of! There was sooo much buzz about I was expecting it to be like the dead of night mid day....not so much haha but thankfully a wonderful member Sister Johnson gave us these cool glasses that we looked so cool in so we could see it without going blind (: 

This week we also got to attend a baptism in Halifax and I got to see my girl Abby!! (the one who thinks her doll has my face) She is too cute! She calls me princess and is just quite the character..love it! She is going to be a killer missionary one day! 

Life is good here in Sackville! One of our recent converts of about 6 months wife became an investigator this week!! Wooo! She is in the early stages of dementia so it is hard for her to learn, but after going to church for a year she is opened up a lot and is ready to be taught the lessons at her pace (: 

Love ya b'ys 

-Sista Hird
    xoxo 


Also Shout out to mama Bond!!! A faithful blog reader ever since she found out that her daughter was coming to this mission! The first time I met her daughter, Sister Bond and introduced myself as her STL, her jaw dropped and she said, "okay so I like know your whole mission because my mom is obsessed with you and would read your blog to me all the time" Woooo Mama Bond, I am YOUR #1 fan 
Broken Permanent Retainer

Sister Hird and Abby


The Eclipse August 21, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment